Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2015

THE MOST POPULAR BLOG, PLAGIARISM

#iblogstats
 The point of this blog is to address statistics of blogs, vlogs, microblogs.
  • The most prevalent type of blog is the food blog.

  • The average blog is discontinued in 2 months.
  • The average time it takes to establish a steady readership is _____________?
I expected engineering and statistics blogs to be on the rise. While they did increase in number, that number is nowhere near what I expected. One of the strongest reasons is that people consider that work.
I spoke to an engineering student about his designs and he said he wanted to patent and publish, but that the funding came from the department, so ownership issues arise.
I asked him to blog about it. He said: My department may find out and that means I have posted information that needs to be approved first.
IS it fair that he go through all that? Nope.
He also said that there were many copycats around. I said: Hey man, electrical engineers cannot copy material that easily.
He then showed me his lab partner's submissions. Clearly this student was the first to come up with the design and concept, but the lab partner, while pretending to be nice, copied everything. We both sat down, I cancelled my one-hour workout and we both dug up information on how the original work from the electrical engineering student was plagiarized.
We submitted evidence to the Office of Academic Integrity.  We accomplished that in FOUR hours. The international student was expelled and he went back to his home country. He will continue to plagiarize. He cost the other student hours of loss of work. My point is simple: Plagiarism abounds and this is preventing good blogs from showing up. I invite my readers to provide their solutions.

My personal experience with plagiarism:
After 10+ years in the world of hardcore statistics, computing and research, I have so much material that I would never have to plagiarize. I actually find plagiarism beneath me. I ask myself: Am I not better, smarter, quicker?
Recently, I took pity on someone and they plagiarized everything from me. they started playing the game of a stalker.
They copy my work but they don't give credit and cite my work.
The strategy I use, they reword and publish IMMEDIATELY.  DISGUSTING.
NOW MULTIPLY THAT FEELING  A 100 TIMES. WHAT IF YOUR MENTOR WAS USING YOUR WORK?
I SET A TRAP. I AM GOOD LIKE THAT. ONE DAY, WHEN MY INFRINGEMENT CASE IS OVER, I WILL PUBLISH THE STORY.
I CREATED THREE WORKS THAT COULD NOT HAVE BEEN ACCOMPLISHED WITH OUT THE FACULTY MEMBER GETTING CAUGHT RED-HANDED. I LEFT THE WORKS IN MY LAB. BY 2PM, I HAD EVIDENCE OF PLAGIARISM. I THEN SENT A LOVELY EMAIL TO THE OFFICE OF ACADEMIC INTEGRITY. ALL THOSE PROCEDURAL WORKS  WERE NOT FOR NOTHING!
THAT MAN IS NOW AN ADJUNCT IN A SMALL COMMUNITY COLLEGE.

IS ANYONE COPYING FROM YOUR WORK/ARTICLE/BLOG SHAMELESSLY AND POSTING THINGS ON THEIR SITE?

TIME YOU SET A TRAP!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

STATS 1